City & Guilds 2391-50 / EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification of Electrical Installations.
This qualification is designed as a bridge between the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations course and the Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection and Testing course.
It is based upon the Inspection, Testing and Certification of new or modified electrical installations. (Those installations requiring an Electrical Installation Certificate or a Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate).
It is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update training before going on to achieve the Periodic Inspection Award.
- The course is be delivered as a four day block.
- The duration of the course is 30 hours and the delivery of the course may be tailored to meet the clients' requirements.
- EAL Candidates are required to sit a one hundred minute, fifty item on-screen (open-book) examination the week after the course, based on Guidance Note 3.
- City & Guilds candidates need to sit an on-screen examination with 40 items, eighty minutes long (open book) based on Guidance Note 3.
- There is also a final practical assessment with a qualified assessor during the course.
The costs include comprehensive course notes based on the latest editions of the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and Guidance Note Three, plus practical assessments and examination entry fees.
Initial Verification, Recommended Book List
- BS7671:2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (including amendment no.3)
- Inspection and Testing Guidance Note 3.
Duration: 4 Day Block Course (includes lunch).
Day and time of course: Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 4.30pm.
Final registration date: 1 week before course begins.
Cost including exam fee
£555 + VAT = £666
Book this course in 3 simple steps.
1. Download and look at our 'Programmes and Costs' PDF to verify which course you would like to attend, the starting date and the costs.
2. Then complete our 'Booking form' either online or download and print it here.
3. Send payment to:
Arena Training Centre Ltd, Unit 1, Coleford Road Business Centre, Darnall, Sheffield, S9 5NF
(Please make cheques payable to Arena Training Centre Limited.)
Still not sure which course is right?
Call us on 0114 2562 007 and we can advise you.
These courses will run when we have sufﬁcient numbers. Course to be paid for when booking unless prior arrangements have been made. Postponements within seven days of the start of the course will incur a cost of £50.00 plus VAT. No refund on cancellations within seven days of the start of the course.