City & Guilds 2396-01 (formerly 2391-20 or 2400) Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.
This qualification is a recommendation for approved contractors who are dealing with complex installations outside the scope of the IET "On Site Guide".
The course is delivered over nine sessions, including the exam, normally with one three-hour evening session per week.
The duration of the course is 24 hours plus the assignment and the delivery of the course may be tailored to meet the clients' requirements.
Aimed at engineers and electrical contractors involved in the design, verification and management of electrical installations, the course is designed to familiarise them with statutory requirements for electrical installations, plus BS 7671 and the associated Guidance Notes.
- Candidates are required to sit a 3 hour written examination comprising ten questions.
- The exam is "open book" with the following documents allowed : BS7671, On-site Guide, Guidance Note 3.
- There is a 40 hour project which involves the design of a typical installation, part of the course is dedicated to assisting candidates with the project.
The costs include assessments plus examination entry fees.
City & Guilds 2396-01 Recommended Book List
- BS7671:2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition | Selection & Erection Guidance Note 1 | Inspection & Testing Guidance Note 3 | Special Locations Guidance Note 7.
Duration: 8 evenings plus Exam
Day and time of course: Monday 6-9pm
Final registration date: One week before the course begins
Cost including exam fee
£620 + VAT = £744
Book this course in 3 simple steps.
1. Download and look at our 'Programmes and Costs' PDF to verify which course you would like to attend, the starting date and the costs.
2. Then complete our 'Booking form' either online or download and print it here.
3. Send payment to:
Arena Training Centre Ltd, Unit 1, Coleford Road Business Centre, Darnall, Sheffield, S9 5NF
(Please make cheques payable to Arena Training Centre Limited.)
Still not sure which course is right?
Call us on 0114 2562 007 and we can advise you.
These courses will run when we have sufﬁcient numbers. Course to be paid for when booking unless prior arrangements have been made. Postponements within seven days of the start of the course will incur a cost of £50.00 plus VAT. No refund on cancellations within seven days of the start of the course.